Monday, December 6, 2010

Ferries are Back

Mega Express Three ferry, IMO 9208083, LivornoWith the end of the cruise season and the lower passenger traffic, the large ferries are back in the “Porto Mediceo”. The 212 meter “Mega Express Three” is the younger of the lot: she was launched in South Korea in 2001.Mega Express Five ferry, IMO 9035101, Moby Corse, LivornoThe 170 meter “Mega Express Five” saw her first water in Japan in 1993, while the 153 meter “Moby Corse”, a Dane by birth, has been around since 1978.

Search labels: ferry

18 comments:

Traveling Hawk said...

I love feries because I know they will ever take me to a nice island :)

Michelle said...

Such a lovely, yellow vessel. I would love to take a ride.

Anonymous said...

Always two hands of water beneath their keel, and a good new season as well.

Please have a nice new week.

daily athens

Randy said...

Nice shots. I'll bet it's huge in person.

cieldequimper said...

There's been a murder again in Corsica.

Dina said...

Such huge ferries. I'd love to sail on one, even without a car.

Small City Scenes said...

Wow, those are way different than the ferries over here.
How many cars do they hold? MB

VP said...

@ MB - Capacity on these ferries is:
Mega Express Three, 2100 passengers with 650 cars
Mega Express Five, 1800 passengers with 600 cars
Moby Corse, 1370 passengers with 470 cars

Cezar and Léia said...

I'm impressed here, this ferry is huge and I think it's great in yellow colour! :)
Léia

joo said...

They are huge and handsome:)
Have a nice week!

EG CameraGirl said...

This is a HUGE ferry! How smart to paint them yellow so they can be seen under most weather conditions.

Jack said...

Those are impressive ferries. Where do they go?

Halcyon said...

They're still amazing machines.

Rob Siemann said...

Wow, huge! Reminder of happy holidays in the sun.

Birdman said...

Such color too!

Small City Scenes said...

Now that's a lot of cars. Wow!! MB

Kaori said...

Born in Japan like me! I don't think I've seen a ferry so huge here though :-)

Unknown said...

You won't miss this in the fog! Great colour.