Monday, October 25, 2010

Salami & Cheese

Food fair, piazza XX Settembre, LivornoMost of you probably know that I am not a big fan of many events organized in town, but this fair is really something different: you can get lost in a sea of stalls vending delicious foods and drinks.
I sadly missed last year's edition, but this will never happen again!Food fair, piazza XX Settembre, LivornoWhere “capra” is goat...Food fair, piazza XX Settembre, Livorno... “tartufo” is truffle and “cinghiale” is wild boar.Food fair, piazza XX Settembre, LivornoFood fair, piazza XX Settembre, Livorno(To be continued...)

See also: Food Fair - Sweets - Other Stuff - Owls & Huskies

17 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

I want to go to that food fair!

Michelle said...

This looks so wonderful and not really anything like that in my area!

Randy said...

More show me more. Looks like a great place to try something new.

Small City Scenes said...

What fun. I am so glad you are taking us to the Food Fair. the cheeses look yummy. thanks for explaining the names. MB

Dina said...

Wild boar salami?! Wow.
This fair is really a celebration for the senses.

cieldequimper said...

Oh yes, boar salami pleeeeease! And I'll have some of that blue goat's cheese too.

brattcat said...

Tantalizing!

B SQUARED said...

Seems odd, good food in Italy. How very strange!

Irredento Urbanita said...

I guess I will die and I won't have eaten all kinds of salamis.

Regards

Valery

[Barcelona Daily Photo]

joo said...

Can't wait to see next episode!
Wine and chees is what a doctor ordered:)

Halcyon said...

I could also get into a food fair. Looks like there were some delicious options! Sadly, in Mississippi a food fair would only include fried stuff.

amatamari© said...

Sarà l'ora ma mi è venuto un fortissimo appetito...
:-)
Bellissima serie, aspetto la prossima parte...
:-)

poncelivornese said...

Basta! Non voglio vedere. Vado a frigo.

Mo said...

My friends from Italy will be here next week I hope they bought me lots of presents from the food fair

Francisca said...

I'm too busy salivating to write...

Unknown said...

My kind of market! :-)

Kaori said...

Love that photo of all the spices :-)