Friday, October 29, 2010

The Locomotive

I am glad to tell you that we have just escaped from the long series of posts about the Food Fair, for a walk toward “San Marco” gate.Locomotive FS 835.084, Livorno
Our first find is an old steam locomotive placed in the front yard of the “Micheli” elementary school, in “Piazza XI Maggio”.Orange tobacconist, LivornoA very orange tobacco shop in “Piazza della Repubblica”.Statue and clothesline, LivornoThis guy is probably looking at the clothesline.Leaning portable toilet, LivornoPortable toilets are compulsory at construction working sites, but this one in “Via Solferino” looks quite unstable and almost Pisan!Old bolts, Livorno“Scali del Vescovado”, old bolts on a side door.

More Walks

16 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful images VP, love the Pisan portable toilet comment, you are right seems about to fall. The little Tabacchi store in orange is great!

Michelle said...

That portable toilet looks a bit dangerous for user. I would hate to be in it, if it fell over.

Anonymous said...

How fragile time can be, thank you for capturing it, before it's too late.

A wonderful Friday for you all.

daily athens

Randy said...

I so agree with Farmchick!

Kaori said...

Aww, I'll miss the food fair. But I like that statue staring at the clothes line...is that underwear? ;-D

Small City Scenes said...

Oh too funny--the leaning tower of Pis---an. LOL
that orange on the shop is VERY orange and yes that guy is looking at the underwear. MB

Traveling Hawk said...

Especially funny seem to me the statue and the toilet. You have a good sense of humour and an eye for related subjects!

Dina said...

I can't stop laughing.

brattcat said...

I loved the food but this is an excellent walk you've taken us on, VP.

B SQUARED said...

FOR SOME REASON, I FIND THE PHOTO OF THE PORTABLE TOILET VERY HUMOROUS.

joo said...

I love locomotive, I do! I'm in love with all stem locomotives in the world.
As for toilet, well I wouldn't be very fast to use it:)

Cezar and Léia said...

Love this series "walks", always a great surprise!That toilet is funny and a little bit scared LOL!
The last shot is my favorite, magnificent!
Léia

Halcyon said...

Your walks always make me smile. That statue seems to be giving the clothes line a very disapproving look! And the Pisan toilet also gave me a laugh!

Is there any reason the school has a train in their front yard?

Really nice shots today.

Gunn said...

I love the bright ORANGE photo!:)

tapirgal said...

Funny and wonderful discoveries.

Unknown said...

Great shots! My favourite is the guy looking at the women underwear! :-)