Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Three Doorways

Doorway, Palazzo dell'Aquila Nera, LivornoThe majestic front door of the “Black Eagle”.
Doorway, Santa Maria del Soccorso, LivornoA side door into the church of “Santa Maria del Soccorso”.Doorway, Scali Saffi, LivornoA building on the “Scali Saffi” seen from the “Scagli degli Olandesi”, just across the canal. The line of stones below is the parapet of the “Fosso Reale” (Royal Canal).

(For our friend cieldequimper of Versailles Daily Photo)

See also: Black Eagle - Reflected Eagle - Santa Maria del Soccorso
Scali Saffi - Scagli degli Olandesi

16 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I like two of the three doorways here.

Jack said...

The bottom one is interesting. It looks truncated.

Anonymous said...

Shrinking life to its real, important size.


daily athens

Michelle said...

I like them all, but the first one is my favorite.

brattcat said...

Three doors, each with its own unique story, together making a harmonious little post.

stromsjo said...

Sorry to see the vandalism on the church.

cieldequimper said...

I was going to say, it's Wednesday!

Just the name, l'aquila nera, is terribly evocative.

Birdman said...

Love that Black Eagle door. What is the Black Eagle?

Kaori said...

They all have such character! Gorgeous doors ;D

Dina said...

Did you try to open any of these?
You found some major doors there.

The historic photo in your linked post--so tragic.

B SQUARED said...

I would be proud to walk thru any of them.

Cezar and Léia said...

A great set of doors!The first one is my favorite!
Léia

Small City Scenes said...

Wonderful doorways. I like them all. MB

Halcyon said...

I love those arch-y doorways. I also have a doorway up today. But we're more into the columns over here.

Traveling Hawk said...

I like these photos very much, as I like all your blog. Congratulations!

Francisca said...

Doors... and windows... and roofs (hehe)... are like benches... Could do an endless series of them. These three are superb, but shame on whoever defaced the church wall!