Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oriolino

Lionhead, automatic door sign, via Grande, Livorno“Via Grande”: “Automatic door, do not push”.Via dell'Oriolino (Small Clock Street) plaque, Livorno“Oriolino” is an archaic Tuscan form for small clock.Banner announcing a student demonstration, via Galilei, LivornoAnother demonstration for the students of the Technical Institue.De Larderel coat of arms, via de Larderel, LivornoThe family coat of arms on the facade of “Palazzo de Larderel”.Blue Piaggio Ape, Leonardo shop sign, via dell'Origine, LivornoA shop with a suggestive name and a bright blue Ape.

More Walks

18 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Great walk! I like the word spingere.

Michelle said...

Such artistic items in your city.

Roberto Machado Alves said...

Five great photos. The last one seems a child's toy.

Jack said...

I enjoyed today's walk. The coat of arms and the door knocker are especially fine.

Kate said...

I LOVE the bright blue "ape," and thanks for the link. What an interesting history!!

Randy said...

I just love to see where your walks will take us. Great door knocker too.

cieldequimper said...

I assume that there was a small clock somewhere in days past.
I like the idea of a an automatic door that opens when you use a beautiful knocker, lol! Great walk!

joo said...

Another great walk, VP! Obviously, my favourite is knocker in the first photo:)

Gunn said...

I have already learnt something new today....
Thanks for the interesting post and the link to "Ape".

Dina said...

Funny to have the fancy old knocker on an old door, but with automatic opening.
I remember my first experience with such a door in Neuchatel--it creeped me out. No one there, but it opened before me.

Anonymous said...

so much art...so little time to see it all...enjoyed the walk!

Unknown said...

The coat of arms is gorgeous!

Arianna said...

Mai sentito dire l'oriolino...la foto con l'Ape è davvero indovinata anche per i colori! Ciao, Arianna

Kaori said...

Love the first photo. Can we at least use the knocker as long as we don't push the door? :D

Halcyon said...

Interesting items. I'd like to have a coat-of-arms on my house. ;)

Cezar and Léia said...

The detail of the door in your first shot is awesome and I also like the coat of arms!
Léia

Traveling Hawk said...

My favourite here is the photo of the 2 windows.

Rob Siemann said...

If you push the door, the lion will bite you!