Friday, October 28, 2011

Ladybugs and More

Toy ladybugs, food fair, LivornoDo you remember last year's food fair? This time the stalls were arranged on the “lungomare”, our sea front. This wasn't food but it is really a world of ladybugs.Licorice sticks and panes, food fair, LivornoLicorice sticks, the root of the plant, with some of the finished product in background.Olive wood chessboard, food fair, LivornoA gorgeous chessboard made of olive wood.

See also: Food Fair - Salami & Cheese - Sweets - Other Stuff - Owls & Huskies

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

the multicolored ladybugs make me happy...and there to the left are some doggies with Santa hats on :-)

I'm so ignorant it's pitiful...I'd never seen licorice sticks (roots) before and yet Don and I both loved licorice. So I've learned from you once again VP...thank you

the chess board is very handsome, that must have been quite an olive tree! What are the chess pieces made of?

Michelle said...

What a chess board. Such a piece of art.

Luis Gomez said...

Love these pictures VP. The ladybugs picture is just wonderful!

Randy said...

Love the chessboard too. Ok and the ladybugs!

cieldequimper said...

Hmmmm, you have some seriously strange ladybirds in Italy! :-)

I don't like liquorice but I used to be able to play chess, I wouldn't mind trying to remember the rules with that board.

Gunn said...

The Ladybugs are pretty and fun!
The chessboard is pretty too.

Traveling Hawk said...

The photo with the ladybugs introduce to me an...Easter atmosphere, I don't know why - perhaps the colors. The olive table is wonderful. I love olive trees, you know from my posts, and objects done from this warm and generous material are precious to me.

Karl said...

What a beautiful chessboard, I probably will buy one the next time I'm in Tuscany

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The chess table is brilliant and now I desperately want a piece of licorice VP, thanks!!

Dina said...

A new idea for the olive wood artists of Bethlehem.
I had no idea that licorice sticks started as actual sticks!

Unknown said...

The ladybugs are very cool and I love the stick shot.