Friday, November 12, 2010

Norwegian Jade

Norwegian Jade cruise ship, IMO 9304057, port of LivornoEarly November now, but some cruise ships like the “Norwegian Jade” are still calling at our port. I like her unusual livery.Norwegian Jade cruise ship, IMO 9304057, port of LivornoThis 294 meter ship was built in 2006 at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. She was later christened in Los Angeles as “Pride of Hawaii”.Norwegian Jade cruise ship, IMO 9304057, port of LivornoWe have already seen her younger sister, the “Norwegian Gem”, moored at the same pier.

14 comments:

Gunn said...

Beautiful sisters!:)
The youngest one I can`t remember that I have seen here in Stavanger.
I like the way you have taken the photos.

Anonymous said...

Rare things look for something alike. Peaceful waters for you all.

daily athens

Traveling Hawk said...

So colourful for a ship !? Interesting.

Michelle said...

I do love the colors on the ship.

Small City Scenes said...

One of my favorite colors. I like the name 'Jade'. MB

Dina said...

The dredging things add even more to the first shot.

cieldequimper said...

Very light jade, very nice. I love the jumble in the first shot and are those things deck lights in the second one?

J_on_tour said...

Nice cropping and composition. I love photographing boats when I get the chance... albeit not this large !

brattcat said...

I like the way you've composed these, VP.

Cezar and Léia said...

It's very elegant and beautiful!
I like the creative way that you have told us its story!You are always creative!
Léia

Virginia said...

Pretty snazzy boats! Love the colors.
V

Halcyon said...

Norweigan used to have two ships in Hawaii, this one and the Pride of America. But I think it got too expensive for them and they just run one on the Hawaiian route now. This boat looks really nice. I will have to look up the itinerary!

Jack said...

All interesting images and interesting perspectives. I particularly like the way you cropped the top photo.

Unknown said...

These are some great compositions! I like them all.

Regarding your comment: It's a bodyboard, not a surfboard. :-)