Monday, November 22, 2010

Myths & Legends

Pegasus, winged horsePegasus, the winged horse, symbol of our Municipal police.Chimera, piazza del Municipio, LivornoThis Everyday Chimera was one of my first posts.Cafè le Fate, LivornoA detail of the sign of the “Caffè le Fate” (The Fairies Cafè).Arab Phoenix bar, LivornoThe “Araba Fenice” (Arab Phoenix) bar, “Via dei Fanciulli”.Sphinx, Palazzo Rosso, LivornoI have already posted the Topless Sphinx, this is her twin sister. This walk is one month old, I saved it for a very rainy Sunday, just like yesterday.

More Walks

17 comments:

Michelle said...

The fairy is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Rain - liquide sunshine.

Great place it must be where such nice things are able to be seen. Love the Sphinx and its background. Please have a wonderful start into the new week.

daily athens

brattcat said...

enchanting.

Kaori said...

I really like the sphinx ;-)

Randy said...

These are great. I like the Phoenix.

Halcyon said...

You find such funny things!!

Luis Gomez said...

These are great. I have told you before I love your walks. Love the symbol of the Municipal Police.

Dina said...

That's an interesting symbol for the police.
A fine collection of myths here.
It was fun going back to see your December 2008 posts.

Small City Scenes said...

A wonderful tour to post on a rainy Sunday. No rain here today--what a change. MB

Hilda said...

I love myths and legends of all kinds so it goes without saying that I love mythical creatures too. This is a post especially for me. ;)

Traveling Hawk said...

Nice collection of symbols. We also had a dull Sunday here. Have a much better week!

cieldequimper said...

So you stayed inside? It was raining all day yesterday but I had to go out (you know, Father Christmas and all that). I didn't see anything as interesting as these fairies, phoenix or sphinx though!

Birdman said...

Mythological creatures and their stories are always so interesting.

B SQUARED said...

It must have been raining everywhere, yesterday.

joo said...

You always amaze me with your ideas! Chimera is my favourite:)

Unknown said...

Fantastic subject and great finds, VP!

Gunn said...

Interesting and very nice!
And NO grafitti, amazing!