Sunday, June 28, 2015

Greetings from Livorno #5

Old postcard, greetings from Livorno
Another postcard published by Künzli Frères in Zurich around 1900 with a view on the Grand Hotel Palazzo, the Cisternone, and the Four Moors.
Old postcard, greetings from Livorno
A postcard published by Vierbucher in Milan showing us the Lighthouse, part of the Porto Mediceo, and the main building of the Naval Academy.
(Postcards digitized from the collection of Antonio Cantelli)

See also: Greetings from Livorno - Greetings from Livorno #2 - Greetings from Livorno #3 - Greetings from Livorno #4 - Grand Hotel Palazzo - Cisternone - Four Moors - The Lighthouse
Search labels: postcard

14 comments:

Lowell said...

You know I love these! Historical treasures. And I'm always impressed how little things have changed over the years!

Lois said...

I love it! I used to enjoy sending and receiving postcards. I guess Facebook has replaced that.

Randy said...

Nice postcards.

Gunn said...

What a nice posting. Unique and artistic!
Thanks for sharing.

Greetings from me at the kitchen table,
- Sunday morning, and soon the coffee is ready :)

Unknown said...

Lovely design, especially the one on top.

William Kendall said...

I really do like these old fashioned postcards.

EG CameraGirl said...

Isn't it sad that most people no longer send postcards? I really like these!

Luis Gomez said...

So wonderful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore these vintage postcards VP, look forward to seeing them.

Lowell said...

Hi VP! Re your question on Ocala: Cedar Key is a small island. People come from miles around on the weekends to go fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. They may live 50-100 miles away, but put their boat on a trailer and haul it out to Cedar Key. In fact, what you see in the photo is just a portion of all the boat trailers on the island that day.

cieldequimper said...

I have to agree with Lowell. More cars, less sailing boats but on the whole...

Dina said...

It's always fun to see one of your postcards with the written message (even if I can't read it).

RedPat said...

I love these old postcards you show us!

Karl said...

I would love to have such a collection !