Thursday, April 29, 2010

Foreign Navies

Foreign Navies ceremony, piazza del Municipio, Town Hall, LivornoToday was the day of the parade of the foreign Navies present to the 27th TAN.Foreign Navies ceremony, piazza del Municipio, Town Hall, LivornoAfter a short walk along “Via Grande” the delegations arrived in “Piazza del Municipio” (Town Hall Square) for a simple ceremony.Foreign Navies ceremony, piazza del Municipio, Town Hall, LivornoThe Navy band was playing all along for the joy of the many kids from the local elementary schools.Foreign Navies ceremony, piazza del Municipio, Town Hall, LivornoThis is an official picture downloaded from the website of the 27th TAN. It was taken inside the “Accademia Navale”, in front of the interred brigantine.

Search labels: TAN - Tuttovela

23 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Love this kind of parades.

Kate said...

Everybody loves a parade, and everyone loves uniforms!

Halcyon said...

No American Navy it seems.

I bet they all looked fantastic in their uniforms!

Dina said...

Love the fanfare!

Cezar and Léia said...

What a beautiful event!Your pictures are great and I can see even the Brazilian flag, just cool! :)
Léia

tapirgal said...

I agree with Dina - love the fanfare. Your pix are more fun than the official one, but it's nice in a weird way to see the people all in a square in front of the ship.

Stefan Jansson said...

No sign of the Swedish navy? Maybe they couldn't find their way to Livorno!

Lowell said...

What great fun. Did the US Navy participate? That last shot reminds me of my boot camp photo - a long, long time ago!

B SQUARED said...

We have "Fleet Week" here this week. Mostly military ships but no parade.

Small City Scenes said...

How neat. Seattle and Everett being Navy towns we have fleet stuff going one--parades and stuff but your pics are wonderful. MB

Lois said...

I would love to hear that Navy band!

cieldequimper said...

Men in Navy uniforms usually have me swoon, whether or not they play music. I spot a French flag.

joo said...

Nice thing such parades! I like the Navy band and their brass instruments:)

Leif Hagen said...

The flag parade must have been very cool! Nice to see them all in uniform!

VP said...

@ ciel - Luckily there are also many women in Navy uniforms...

Tinsie said...

Cool shots :-)

Kaori said...

Why are there so many flags from different countries? I spot Japan's flag on the right ;)

Kaori said...

Woops, I missed your first sentence! I understand now :D

James said...

I can imagine how happy I would be to see this if I was there on vacation. I would take hundreds of pictures but few would be as nice as yours.

Unknown said...

The City Hall is a great background for this ceremony. Wonderful coverage of this event!

Dina said...

Ciel speaks for all of us. :)

Dina said...

. . . although I had in mind the white uniforms.

Ilse said...

Exciting day!