Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Dynasty

I Dynasty, Benetti, LivornoThe 59-meter (194 feet) “I Dynasty” entering the port after some trials at sea. It was built in the Benetti shipyard of Livorno with an aluminium superstructure on a steel hull.I Dynasty, Benetti, Livorno The yacht was launched in May 2008, carries the Cayman Islands flag and has as port of registry George Town.I Dynasty, Benetti, LivornoI am not so fond of these yachts as toys for billionaires, but because they are the last boats built in our historical shipyards: beautiful and technologically advanced, these are our Ferraris.

See also: Superyachts - I Dynasty, in Norway - Giorgio Armani's Yacht - Imagination & Illusion - Prince Abdulaziz - Bistango & Reborn - Octopus - Bistango
External links: Benetti Yachts

14 comments:

Richard said...

Opened Your wish for a walk in marina? :)

joo said...

I am fond of all kinds of boats, yacht and ferries, and wouldn't say no if could spend some time on the board of this beauty:)
Especially I like the middle image with the light house in the bacground - wow, I miss the sea!!!
Have a nice weekend:)

henny said...

I, too am fond of all kinds of boats and alike, anything related to sea including lighthouse :).
So, who's that billionaire of this yacht?

nobu said...

It has a nice design.

brattcat said...

I agree with Joo, that middle shot is a beauty. The yacht has attitude from that angle. I also love the last shot where you make her look as sleek and fast as a ferrari.

Marcel said...

hi vogon, have a nice weekend too! Dont spend top much time blogging... (i am posting tuis from my iPhone)
;) cheers from marcel

cieldequimper said...

I'm not much of a modern boat fan either but I suppose that as things go, this is a beauty of a ship! And we need our shipyards to survive!

B SQUARED said...

I believe I've seen her put into port here. She is beautiful. Tremendous fuel consumption for all boats in this class. Hope to show you an alternative in the next few day.

Unknown said...

I prefer tall ships too, but this one has beautiful lines nonetheless. A Ferrari of the seas indeed:-)

Lowell said...

I would guess it costs $80,000 USD just to fill the gas tanks!

Lots of these in Ft. Lauderdale...hard to imagine people with that much money!

Beautiful shots, Vogon Poet!

May the moon be with you!

Baruch said...

What a life! Great photos

crocrodyl said...

Beautiful!

Hilda said...

I think she's a beauty!

Stefan Jansson said...

I'd probably like them if I could afford a couple!