Monday, May 18, 2015

Simple Decorations

Mailmen's building, via San Giovanni, Livorno
Some of the simple decorations on the facade of the Mailmen's building in Via San Giovanni.
Mailmen's building, via San Giovanni, Livorno
Mailmen's building, via San Giovanni, Livorno
The rest of the reliefs are only placed between the windows of the last floor. A few years ago, on a corner of the same building, we have already seen also a peculiar statue of John the Baptist.

See also: Mailmen's building - John the Baptist

10 comments:

Michelle said...

simple, yet beautiful

Dina said...

They all look so graceful. Nice!

Halcyon said...

I love these kinds of details.

Lowell said...

I find these rather charming!

EG CameraGirl said...

Simple but very nice, VP!

cieldequimper said...

I wish I had them on my building...

Stefan Jansson said...

Classy.

Babzy.B said...

nice details :)

William Kendall said...

Beautiful designs- the third one suits me best.

Lynette said...

These are beautiful, as is the statue of John the Baptist. On the first one of the birds, it's interesting to see the difference in the wearing away of the bas relief by the elements--it seems the one on the right has lost much more of its sharpness to the passage of time. Is it in the path of more wind or rain? I really like the color of the building's facade in juxtaposition with the color of these adornments.