Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Canale della Giudecca

Cruise ship Wind Surf, IMO 8700785, Canale della Giudecca, Venezia
As our friend Jack would say, we are out of jurisdiction posting pictures of cruise ships slowly sailing along the Canale della Giudecca, after leaving the port of Venice at sunset.
Cruise ship Celebrity Solstice, IMO 9362530, Canale della Giudecca, Venezia
But Wind Surf and Celebrity Solstice are, so to speak, old friends: we have already seen both of them in Livorno last year. (Pictures taken in Venice last September)

Search labels: cruise ship
See also: Wind Surf - Celebrity Solstice

11 comments:

Revrunner said...

That's what the cruise ship that became disabled in the Gulf of Mexico a little while ago could have used--sails!

Michelle said...

Love the tall ship.

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful images VP.

Jack said...

Beautiful, VP. I plan to be out of the jurisdiction in Venice myself, in mid-June. You just might see some out of the jurisdictions from me then . . .

Randy said...

These are both so amazing.

cieldequimper said...

Wow. The first one is really impressive. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't remember it from last year.

Cezar and Léia said...

Both ships are wonderful and you got perfect compositions!Well done!
Léia

Traveling Hawk said...

The big monsters don't appeal to me, but you know this already:) Anyhow, even if I would not travel by them, it is impressive to see them, especially "life", as I saw one, once, in Venice.

Dina said...

I'll take the ship with sails any day!

Unknown said...

I especially like the one on top.

Stefan Jansson said...

Wind surf looks like a nice little sail boat!