Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Three Squares

Olive tree of Jerusalem plaque, LivornoAn olive tree around here? May be, but we can't really find it...
(An olive tree from Jerusalem
Jews and Christians of Livorno
planted in front of the “Fortezza Nuova”
on 17 January 1996
as a sign of peace and friendship)

Street light, piazza della Repubblica, LivornoA street light in “Piazza della Repubblica”. Another detail here.Rusty chairs and table, piazza Attias, LivornoOld fashioned (and rusty) chairs outside a bar in “Piazza Attias”.Swing carousel for kids, LivornoA swing carousel for kids in “Piazza XX Settembre”.Reel Pisces ad on a boat, LivornoYou can find some Florida in the “Fosso Reale”.

More Walks

17 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Great walk VP, I love the picture of the carousel.

Michelle said...

My favorite is the set of rusty chairs/table.

Kate said...

Each of the 5 photos gives me a very different view of Livorno. Variety is good!

Randy said...

I agree with Farmchick. I love that patio set.

Jack said...

I love them all, VP, with maybe a little extra love for the streetlight and the rusting chairs.

Leif Hagen said...

you always discover some very interesting things on your walks around town!

Dina said...

Well, it was a nice idea anyway, the olive tree. Let's hope it was not chopped down in a different kind of symbolic act.

cieldequimper said...

Excellent post. Long way from Florida. I just love that art déco swing and the chairs. So what happened to the tree?

Gunn said...

The table and chairs was what I stopped at first.
Old and still pretty, but perhaps not comfortable?
You are so good at finding amusing and interesting stuff!:)

Birdman said...

Interesting chairs.

Cezar and Léia said...

Awesome pictures!My favorite is the second one, I'm always enchanted by street lamps, this picture is perfect!
Congrats!
Léia

Traveling Hawk said...

The street light and the old chairs are my favourites in this nostalgic series.

Halcyon said...

Interesting sights. I wonder what happened to the tree. Should have been nice and big by now.

Francisca said...

Nice walk. Dina has a good point. And I don't think I'd wear white to go to that bar.

EG CameraGirl said...

I have never seen a carousel for kids like that! Hmmm. Too bad you couldn't find the olive tree!

Kaori said...

Wow, a swing carousel! The kids must have great fun with that :-D

Unknown said...

What a strange carousel. Very cool though.