Monday, March 2, 2015

Belforte, via Roma

Belforte bookstore, Via Roma, Livorno
A few weeks ago we read on its shutters that the Belforte Bookstore had moved to a new location in Via Roma. We have just visited the new shop, which is simply lovely: small, but creatively furnished and decorated.
Belforte bookstore, Via Roma, Livorno
Belforte bookstore, Via Roma, Livorno
Considered that it opened early last month the bookstore is understandably understocked, but all the important stuff is already on the shelves. Anyway, looking around you will not surely get bored.
Belforte bookstore, Via Roma, Livorno
There is also a small stage, a piano is coming soon, and the place also hosts local cultural events almost daily. We will see something more in a few days.

See also: Belforte Bookstore - Pedestrian Zone - Belforte

16 comments:

Michelle said...

I would love to browse those shelves.

Randy said...

Looks like my kind of store!

William Kendall said...

What a lovely shop!

Luis Gomez said...

Looks like a great place VP.

Dina said...

Beautifully done. I'd love to spend some hours inside.
The only sad touch is the picture of the prisoner.

Gunn said...

What a lovely place!
I love bookshops, and I sometimes work in one. This is a place I would love to take a good look and those BIG books ..........might have something really lovely art or pictures.

I like the idea of independent bookshops, where they have guests and artists coming.

Enjoy the place!

Birdman said...

A little bit of everything it looks like. I'd go through the door.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I would definitely not get bored VP, it has the beginnings of a wonderful space.

RedPat said...

Good to see it thriving!

Unknown said...

I like the atmosphere!

cieldequimper said...

Brilliant. I hope you'll be there often!

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks like place where I could spend a lot of time, but I have to admit to buying all of my books online these days.

Karl said...

A lovely shop !

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the cozy feel of this shop. It makes me want to curl up in an easy chair with a book.

roamingpursuits said...

What a funky book shop.

Arianna said...

Bel posto, un po' anni 50! Ciao, Arianna