Saturday, August 3, 2013

Clet Abraham's Exhibition

Clet Abraham's exhibition, La Bottega del Caffè, Livorno
We deserve your eternal gratitude for venturing through the smelly and sweaty heart of “Effetto Venezia” to explore an exhibition of some of Clet Abraham's “improved” traffic signs.
Clet Abraham's exhibition, La Bottega del Caffè, Livorno
This was perhaps the only still unreleased (on this blog) sign on display. You can see all the others here.

Search labels: Clet Abraham - Effetto Venezia
External links: Clet Abraham (Wikipedia, in French) - The language of the street signs by Clet Abraham (Abitare)

11 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

I've always loved Clet Abraham's art, although some sourpusses might see it as defacing warning signs. He has a terrific sense of humor.

Jack said...

The new one is good, too.

I really dislike graffiti, but I like Clete Abraham's work. I rationalize that by saying that Abraham's work has humor and is a slight enough modification of the signs that no one fails to see and understand the original sign.

Michelle said...

I rather like it!

Dina said...

I admire people who can put together a few simple lines and make them meaningful and humorous.
And VP, you have our gratitude for sacrificing and going there to seek out the exhibit.

Anonymous said...

Clet is a genius! Where is this exhibition? And for how long?

VP said...

Catharina - The exhibition is at the Bottega del Caffè and it will close, with Effetto Venezia, this Sunday. In the next days I will post some of the new works left by Clet around town.

cieldequimper said...

I bow in gratitude! :-) It's very cool to see so many!

Luis Gomez said...

Thank you VP!

Birdman said...

Humorous.

Unknown said...

You know I love these signs! That ceiling reminds me of the buildings at downtown Lisbon.

Cezar and Léia said...

I like this sign a lot!
God bless you!
Cezar