Sunday, September 13, 2015

Studio Bonsai Livorno

Studio Bonsai Livorno, Via Cecconi, Livorno
I don't know much about bonsai trees, but I was quite happy to find this place, a garden in Via Cecconi, open on a very hot Sunday August morning. The mature trees are neatly arranged in display pots, some also have fruits.
Studio Bonsai Livorno, Via Cecconi, Livorno
Studio Bonsai Livorno, Via Cecconi, Livorno
In a nursery of sorts the younger plants are kept in temporary pots. Here is Gian Carlo, my guide for this visit.

External links: Bonsai (Wikipedia)

11 comments:

Revrunner said...

Fantastic how they're able to maintain these trees.

Lowell said...

I love bonsai trees but don't know much about them, either. There's a Japanese garden in south Florida, but we never got to see it!

Gunn said...

That is unusual to see.

William Kendall said...

It takes great care to do that!

Birdman said...

Looks like quite a place.

Sharon said...

These are so amazing. I love looking at them and wondering how they grow so beautiful in such small surroundings.

RedPat said...

They are always so amazing to see!

Dina said...

Those little trees have fruit?! That's great.
Bonsai is quite an art.

EG CameraGirl said...

I don't know much about bonsai either, but I think it's fascinating!

Karl said...

Beautiful, I like bonsai trees.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Lovely to see, I have two bonsai that are about 30 years old.