Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cortile d'Arme

Cortile d'Arme, Fortezza VecchiaInside the fortress, looking at the canal through the main gate.Cortile d'Arme, Fortezza VecchiaThe “Cortile d'Arme”, the once porticoed courtyard of the guards.Cortile d'Arme, Fortezza VecchiaMost of the bare arches are worn-out but still standing.Cortile d'Arme, Fortezza VecchiaBeyond an inner gate with a massive double door, a ramp with side steps leads to the upper level of the fortress.

See also: Fortezza Vecchia - Piazza dei Grani - Scalo Regio - Porta del Duca - Capitana - Ampolletta - Molo del Soccorso - Canaviglia - Palazzo di Francesco - Mastio di Matilde - From the Top
Search labels: Fortezza Vecchia

15 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Amazing place. VP what is this place used for? Museum?

Anonymous said...

How many stories hide inside. The second picture is amazing ! Please have a good Wednesday.

daily athens

Unknown said...

Great photo of the porticoed courtyard. This site is really inspiring!

Kaori said...

I love your close-up of the brick arches! It looks a bit unstable...but beautiful just the same :D

Randy said...

That courtyard is amazing. I would love to explore this the way you have.

Francisca said...

Again, I like brick-stone architecture, and this building has a lot of fine details.

Dina said...

My kinda place! I'd love to roam there.

cieldequimper said...

The arches are beautiful, must have been splendid.

Small City Scenes said...

Totally amazing. Look at all those bricks. When was this built? It is a wonder. MB

Hilda said...

You know I like old stone and brick, but I hope none of these arches fall on anyone.

Halcyon said...

I love those arches! I am glad this building is still standing. Although it may need some work if it is to last another 100 years or so.

Rob Siemann said...

These arches are fabulous!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Great pics, especially the second one.

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable pictures, the first one is my favorite!I like the idea to see the view outside by that gate, it's wonderful!
Léia

Stefan Jansson said...

Interesting place. I could probably spend a whole day in there taking photos.