Friday, March 11, 2016

Giant Bicycles

Giant bicycle, Porto Mediceo, Livorno
“In 1995, Giant designed the first sloping bicycle, featuring a smaller rear triangle and sloping top tube. The tighter chainstay-seatstay configuration is said to be inherently stiffer than a more conventional frame design, and because less material is used, the Compact Road design is also said to be lighter. Add to that more responsive cornering and improved acceleration, as well as improved aerodynamics, and the Giant design became much imitated.” (Giant Bicycles, Wikipedia)

External links: Giant Bicycles (Wikipedia) - Bicycle Art (Inspiration Green)
Search labels: bicycle art

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

Rather sleek. I think the model's available over here.

Revrunner said...

Wow! That's an interesting looking front fork.

Lois said...

That is a nice looking bicycle!

Michelle said...

My husbands favorite form of transportation!

Lowell said...

I still have a Giant bicycle...it's an older model so doesn't compare with my newer Trek, but those are good bikes and this one, in yellow, is especially attractive.

Karl said...

It has a very agile form.

Sharon said...

Interesting. I've learned something new!

RedPat said...

I had no idea!

Dina said...

I wouldn't mind having a nice bike like that.

Halcyon said...

Not only for giants, I hope!

cieldequimper said...

I wouldn't have known the difference...

Kate said...

A good looking bike that is well-designed; I appreciate the fact that it is lighter!