Monday, July 28, 2014

White Night 2014

“The White Night is that time when you are forced to live in a night of the zombies without the killings, but with most of the people around you even clumsier and less awake of the living dead. With scooters.”
In this case I am not ashamed to quote myself, I am absolutely convinced of the idiocy of an institutional encouragement to stay awake partying all night: that is one of the few things we are good at on our own...
The Hotel Supramonte group sings Fabrizio De André, Livorno
In this night of folly we found haven at Tony's, where a group sang a repertoire of songs by the late singer-songwriter Fabrizio De André. They call themselves “Hotel Supramonte”, which is a nickname for the place where De André and his wife were kept when, in 1980, they were kidnapped for ransom by a gang of bandits in Sardinia. It is also the title of a track from his 1981 album, commonly know as “L'Indiano” (The Indian).

External links: Fabrizio De André - L'Indiano (The Indian) - Supramonte (Wikipedia)
See also: White Night - Tony's White Night

11 comments:

Randy said...

Besides you it looks like they have an audience of one behind them.

William Kendall said...

Good capture; it reminds me of musicians who play here in an outdoor setting.

Lois Evensen said...

It appears to be a great activity for the young and young at heart. ;)

Jack said...

I feel that way about New Year's Eve, another night for excessive partying.

cieldequimper said...

I think I would have liked this.

Halcyon said...

There was also some kind of white night dinner this weekend in Berlin. I didn't go, but a friend of mine did. Will have to ask him about it.

Luis Gomez said...

I have always loved your comments on White Night. ;)

Michelle said...

I admit, I would have liked to listen to them.

Lowell said...

They would have to be superior musicians to get me to stay awake for more than 10 minutes, much less all night!

Another example of our descent into madness? :)

Dina said...

If you are forced to have a white night, this looks like the best group to listen to.

Stefan Jansson said...

You are old and tired! This seems like a fun event.