Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Ticket Too Much

Ferdinand III, Grand Duke of Tuscany, by the sculptor Francesco Pozzi, LivornoFerdinand III, Grand Duke of Tuscany, looking a his son Leopold on the other side of “Piazza della Repubblica”, is thinking: “If you get one more ticket, I am going to take his keys of the car!”

See also: What Statues Think - What Leopold Is Thinking - What Time Is It? - Sad Nereid - Guerrino of Montenero - Fisherman's Thought - Horseback Thinking - Caged Emperor - Garibaldi's Doubt

18 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, that makes sense to me!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photography.

He might like to park over here, as there's rarely police around.

A safe road ahead and a good Sunday for you all.

Michelle said...

Such a grand figure.

Bob Crowe said...

He looks to me like the maitre d' at a posh restaurant, directing a party to their table.

Jack said...

Very well composed, VP.

Randy said...

Stunning piece of work.

Babzy.B said...

ahha , i like your comment :)

Nori Katayama said...

you should be a writer, VP!

Traveling Hawk said...

I like these funny interpretations of the statues' thoughts:)

Cezar and Léia said...

I really like the thoughts you put in the heads of the historic statues... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Gunn said...

Nice photo and text!:)

Halcyon said...

Hmmm... I don't want to hear about traffic tickets today. He does seem to be surveying things carefully.

Stefan Jansson said...

Tough dad.

Anonymous said...

Love this shot! Why don't you come enter it in my Weekly Top Shot meme? We're on Week #11 and I'd love to see you share with me! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=5812

Luis Gomez said...

Excellent!

Kate said...

The statue has really lovely flowing robes!

Kaori said...

The statue is very nice but I'm intrigued over the windows that seem to flap open just the bottom half!

Unknown said...

Great background again.